Proud advocates for the
Ohio Cannabis Rights Amendment
Want to learn more? Click here.
Do you have questions about the ORG, the OCRA, cannabis in Ohio and more?
Then, please check out our Questions and Answers section.
Do you have completed petitions?
Completed petitions can be mailed or hand delivered c/o the Ohio Rights Group to: 1021 East Broad Street, Columbus, OH 43205. However, before returning any petitions, please make sure that the Circulator Statement on the back is properly filled out and signed by carefully following these Steps for filling out the OCRA's Circulator Statement.
Who We Are and What We Stand for Matter
Within the State of Ohio, we envision:
- That no person, who makes therapeutic use of the cannabis plant or derivatives of it, will be subject to surveillance, confrontation, arrest, prosecution, prison, jail, forfeiture or other sanctions based on such use.
- That those who make therapeutic use of the cannabis plant will have numerous forms of consumption available to them that best manifest the benefits of the plant for their particular need.
- That those who make therapeutic use of cannabis will have a sufficient and continual quantity to meet their therapeutic needs.
- That the cannabis made available for therapeutic use will be free of contaminants and possess sufficient potency to achieve the desired therapeutic effect.
- That those who make therapeutic use of cannabis have the same rights to privacy and confidentiality, and to be as free from discrimination, as any other individual or patient.
- That farmers and growers of cannabis in its various forms and uses can plant, tend and harvest their crops with the same level of oversight common to other agricultural crops.
- That businesses, nonprofits and other types of organizations will have the greatest degree of freedom to operate, subject to reasonable regulations, in order to provide the quantities, products and services that are sufficient and continual to meet therapeutic needs.
- That the industry developed to meet therapeutic needs operates in ethical, transparent, responsible and accountable ways that embody standards of best practice.
- That the governmental bodies regulating the industry will be supportive of it, and will enact and enforce rules that are fair, unbiased, logical and constructive.
Research and Resources
Check out the two new web resources pages concerning Medical Cannabis and Industrial Hemp. These pages are sponsored by the Ohio Rights Group Education Fund, the 501(c)(3) affiliate of the 501(c)(4) Ohio Rights Group.The Medical Cannabis page contains links to well over 200 clinical research studies into the medicinal and therapeutic uses of cannabis for 18 different medical conditions, from Alzheimer's to Traumatic Brain Injury. Information on the human endocannabinoid system and cannabinoid patents can be referenced there as well.
The Industrial Hemp page is rich with resources that include over 100 links to hemp-focused statistics, market analyses, production assessments and trade associations. There are overviews of hemp fuels, hemp nutrition and hempcrete, all punctuated with colorful graphs