Proud advocates for the
Ohio Cannabis Rights Amendment
Want to learn more? Click here.
Do you have questions about the ORG, the OCRA, cannabis in Ohio and more?
Then, please check out our Questions and Answers section.
Get your 36!
Download and Circulate a Petition
Do you want to see medical marijuana on the ballot? Want make sure it gets there? It's easy! Download and fill up one petition booklet. That 's only 36 signatures! Tell your friends and have them to get their 36, too. It's simple, fun and rewarding.
Click Here or on the graphic, and carefully follow the instructions!
Get your 36! Time is of the essence. What are you waiting for?
Ohio Cannabis Rights Amendment
Comparison with other Ohio Ballot Initiatives
The Ohio Cannabis Rights Amendment (OCRA) is a citizen initiated amendment to the Ohio Constitution that would codify the rights of Ohio’s sick, dying and disabled to make medical, therapeutic and industrial use of the cannabis plant. Farmers would also have the right to grow and sell hemp. The OCRA would form an Ohio Commission of Cannabis Control to not only regulated cannabis in Ohio, but also uphold and defend the rights established in the amendment while acting in the public interest.
Click HERE to see the comparisons.
Do you have completed petitions?
Completed petitions can be mailed or hand delivered c/o the Ohio Rights Group to: 1021 East Broad Street, Columbus, OH 43205. However, before returning any petitions, please make sure that the Circulator Statement on the back is properly filled out and signed by carefully following these Steps for filling out the OCRA's Circulator Statement.
Who We Are and What We Stand for Matter
Within the State of Ohio, we envision:
- That no person, who makes therapeutic use of the cannabis plant or derivatives of it, will be subject to surveillance, confrontation, arrest, prosecution, prison, jail, forfeiture or other sanctions based on such use.
- That those who make therapeutic use of the cannabis plant will have numerous forms of consumption available to them that best manifest the benefits of the plant for their particular need.
- That those who make therapeutic use of cannabis will have a sufficient and continual quantity to meet their therapeutic needs.
- That the cannabis made available for therapeutic use will be free of contaminants and possess sufficient potency to achieve the desired therapeutic effect.
- That those who make therapeutic use of cannabis have the same rights to privacy and confidentiality, and to be as free from discrimination, as any other individual or patient.
- That farmers and growers of cannabis in its various forms and uses can plant, tend and harvest their crops with the same level of oversight common to other agricultural crops.
- That businesses, nonprofits and other types of organizations will have the greatest degree of freedom to operate, subject to reasonable regulations, in order to provide the quantities, products and services that are sufficient and continual to meet therapeutic needs.
- That the industry developed to meet therapeutic needs operates in ethical, transparent, responsible and accountable ways that embody standards of best practice.
- That the governmental bodies regulating the industry will be supportive of it, and will enact and enforce rules that are fair, unbiased, logical and constructive.
To make the medicinal, therapeutic and industrial use of Cannabis legal in the state of Ohio.
To establish strong values and a vision-driven organization that will be instrumental to the process of making medicinal, therapeutic and industrial Cannabis legal in the State of Ohio.
To launch a productive, well-regulated and vibrant industry that meets the medicinal, therapeutic and industrial needs for Cannabis and exemplifies standards of best practice for years to come.
The Ohio Rights Group (ORG) has made remarkable strides in 2014 toward legalization of the medical, therapeutic and industrial uses of the cannabis plant in Ohio. Started in January 2013, the group has become the premier cannabis-focused advocacy organization in the state. We look forward to a very productive 2015, and if the last two years provide any evidence, we are well on our way toward achieving our mission to make the medical, therapeutic and industrial uses of cannabis legal in the bellwether State of Ohio.
Our advocacy for cannabis in Ohio is your advocacy. Let us be your voice for ending the senseless prohibition of this remarkable plant that eases the suffering of so many. Every dollar brings us one step closer.
Please make a generous donation to the Ohio Rights Group. It's quick, easy and secure.
Research and Resources
Check out the two new web resources pages concerning Medical Cannabis and Industrial Hemp. These pages are sponsored by the Ohio Rights Group Education Fund, the 501(c)(3) affiliate of the 501(c)(4) Ohio Rights Group.The Medical Cannabis page contains links to well over 200 clinical research studies into the medicinal and therapeutic uses of cannabis for 18 different medical conditions, from Alzheimer's to Traumatic Brain Injury. Informationon the human endocannabinoid system and cannabinoid patents can be referenced there as well.
The Industrial Hemp page is rich with resources that include over 100 links to hemp-focused statistics, market analyses, production assessments and trade associations. There are overviews of hemp fuels, hemp nutrition and hempcrete, all punctuated with colorful graphs and informative videos.
These pages will be continuously polished and updated. Please spread the word!